The beachfront Family Life Doryssa Seaside is designed to blend in to its beautiful island surroundings, thanks to its lush gardens and traditional whitewashed buildings.
With rugged hills to the rear and a Blue Flag beach to the front, the views here are fantastic. The hotel’s just as good-looking – think whitewashed sugar-cube buildings cocooned by exotic gardens.
Bedrooms here are a mix of traditional and modern, with tiled floors, wrought-iron beds and soft muslin curtains. Each balcony and veranda comes with postcard-worthy views, too.
Outside, the swimming pool steals the show. It’s an Olympic-sized number bordered by a wide sun terrace and a whirlpool bath. There’s a snack bar* on hand, too, plus a separate pool for children.
The beach is just a stone’s skim away, so swapping sunlounger for sand couldn’t be easier.
FOOD & DRINK
Expect a mix of fresh seafood and international favourites at the buffet restaurants. There are also regular themed nights that offer up local delicacies, live music and Greek dancing.
Greek-inspired meze dishes are served with sea views at the Taverna à la carte restaurant*. Thea's*, meanwhile, has a menu of coffees, smoothies, sandwiches and salads.
SPORTS & ACTIVITIES
The sports portfolio includes beach volleyball and tennis. For something a bit more low-key, there’s table tennis and minigolf, plus yoga and pilates sessions led by the sports and activities hosts.
The hotel has its own cultural centre and folklore museum, plus a pottery workshop where you can buy handmade ceramics decorated with traditional Samian designs.
Night-times see children’s entertainment and discos precede stage shows featuring professional acts.
HEALTH & BEAUTY
The spa’s massage menu* includes Balinese, reflexology and aromatherapy options. You can also book in for things like facials, mud wraps and sea-salt body scrubs, and there’s a gym, too.
GOOD TO KNOW
This hotel was formerly known as Hotel Doryssa Bay.
The rooms here come as doubles, and there are options to add extra beds to suit your needs. Modern and stylish, each one comes with a spacious balcony or terrace, for some extra space outside.If you'd like, you can always upgrade to a sea view room. Family rooms with bunks beds and single rooms are also available.
• On a Blue Flag awarded beach • 1km from the resort centre
No of Pools
No of Kids' Pools
No of Restaurants
No of Bars
• Children's pool • Playground • Kids club for 3 to 11-year-olds
TUI FAMILY LIFE
• BabyClub for 0-3 year-olds
• Fully equipped Baby Lounge, located away from the heat of the sun
• Parent and toddler sessions
• Bamse Club for 3-5 year-olds
• @611 Club for 6-11 year-olds
• Regular appearances from Captain T and Bamse Bear
• Family-friendly activities and entertainment throughout the day
• Evening sessions in the Kids' Clubs, at least three times a week
• Early evening shows and discos every night for our younger guests
• The Hangout for 12-15 year-olds, a dedicated chill-out space that's grown-up-free
• Connect to free wifi while connecting to new friends
• Free programme of daily activities
All BabyClubs and kids' clubs are run to international standards by fully-trained staff