This family-friendly hotel comes with top entertainment for children and a laid-back pool scene for adults.
This place has got family holidays nailed, thanks to a great pool scene that includes a splash park. And it’s a TUI Family Life hotel, which means top kids’ clubs and child-friendly shows.
The bedrooms were given a stylish new look in 2016. And it’s also worth knowing that this property is part of a trio of hotels, sharing facilities with the TUI Family Life Las Pitas and the TUI Family Life Playa Feliz.
There are three pools here – the main number, one for relaxing*, and one for swimming laps*. There's also a mini splash park for children. And you'll find a big, palm-dotted sun terrace with a bar* that does lunchtime snacks like burgers and pizzas.
FOOD & DRINK
Breakfast and dinner are served in the main buffet restaurant, where the chefs cook on open grills. There’s a huge selection of international dishes and an irresistible dessert table. Don’t miss the chocolate fountain.
The seafront Taverna* serves up tapas sharing platters, while Thea's* is the go-to place for speciality coffees. And there’s also an exotic à la carte grill* where you can eat barbecued meat in the confines of a cave that would put Aladdin’s to shame.
SPORTS & ACTIVITIES
As well as daily keep-fit programmes, there are things like tennis*, five-a-side football and water polo. You can drop little ones off at the Kids' Club by TUI Family Life, plus there’s a BabyClub, a dedicated parent and baby lounge, and The Hangout for teens.
Night-times are geared towards families. Younger guests are invited to join in the pre-shows, before local acts and professional performers take to the floor. Parents can relax with a drink from the bar, as well.
HEALTH & BEAUTY
For a bit extra, you can use the spa*. It comes with hydro-massage pools as well as a sauna and a whirlpool bath. You can book in for beauty treatments, too, and there’s also a gym.
GOOD TO KNOW
This hotel was formerly known as Hotel Orquidea
Rooms at the Orquidea hotel come with air-conditioning May to October, and a balcony. There are junior suites available or you can opt for a suite with a limited sea view. All twin rooms are split-level separating the twin bedroom from the lounge area. For that bit extra, you can opt for a pool or sea view. Plus superior rooms are available which come with a DVD player. Family rooms are also available if you’d like extra space for larger groups.
• On the beach • Opposite shopping bazaar • 6km to Playa del Inglés • 300m to bus stop - services to Las Palmas every 20 minutes
No of Pools
No of Kids' Pools
No of Restaurants
No of Bars
Along with the standard All Inclusive package, you'll be treated to these benefits:
• Dedicated family entertainment programme • Kids’ Clubs by TUI Family Life • Baby Club for 0 to 3-year-olds • Visits from Captain T • Soft play area • Toddler Time sessions for parents & children • Parent & baby room • Children’s pool area • Family-sized rooms, including rooms for larger familes • Interconnecting rooms • Playground • Children’s buffet
TUI FAMILY LIFE FOR BABIES
• BabyClub for 0-3 year-olds
• Fully equipped Baby Lounge, located away from the heat of the sun
• Parent and toddler sessions
• Bamse Club for 3-5 year-olds
• @611 Club for 6-11 year-olds
• Regular appearances from Captain T and Bamse Bear
• Family-friendly activities and entertainment throughout the day
• Evening sessions in the Kids' Clubs, at least three times a week
• Early evening shows and discos every night for our younger guests
• The Hangout for 12-15 year-olds, a dedicated chill-out space that's grown-up-free
• Connect to free wifi while connecting to new friends
• Free programme of daily activities
All BabyClubs and kids' clubs are run to international standards by fully-trained staff