The Agapi Beach Resort in Amoudara caters for both families and couples thanks to its stunning landscaped gardens and action-packed activities scene.
Featuring three pools and child-friendly facilities, guests can enjoy a welcoming atmosphere and attentive service from staff.
For food lovers, the main restaurant offers Greek and international flavours for breakfast and evening meals, with occasional live music nights held at the hotel bar.
Nestled against a long sandy beach, the hotel also plays host to a number of nearby shops and a mini-market, along with a beachfront tavern for direct sea view snacking and drinking.
Located 6km west of Heraklion and 12km from the island’s airport, the Agapi Beach is just a short drive from the famous Palace of Knossos – the perfect destination for those who love to explore the wonders of an ancient civilisation.
The coastal resort offers everything a holidaymaker needs for a great Crete getaway, with the Agapi Beach hotel providing an idyllic backdrop for every guest.
- 24 hour reception
- Air conditioning
- Fridge in rooms
- Free use of gym
- Free use of kindergarten
- Free use of safety deposit box
- Tea and coffee making facilities in exclusive bungalows
- Use of tennis courts (daytime). Raquettes (free of charge)
- 5 food options - Buffet Style of International, Greek and Cretan favourites at the Main Restaurant, Greek Cuisine at the Tavern Akrogiali, Classic Italian at Piazza d'Italia, Multiethnic food at Taka-Taka, Cretan Cusine at Petousis Taverna
- 4 Bars
- Beach towels
- Bottles of mineral water upon arrival
- Umbrellas & sunbeds free of charge by the pools and on the beach
- Wifi throughout the hotel
- Free 15 minutes massage ticket for all guests, an offer from Agapi Resort & Aegeo Spa.
- 3 freshwater swimming pools
- Fitness room
- Use of the 2 tennis courts with equipment (lessons and floodlight payable locally).
- Beach Volley
- Aqua Aerobics
- Table tennis
- Water polo
- Crete Golf Club (Partner hotel; at a charge. Reduced Green Fees)
Water sports at a charge:
- Water Ski, Jet Ski, Parasailing etc
- A multilingual animation team organises various activities and programmes during the day and night
- Morning gym, Aerobics, sports activities, games, musicals, sketches
- Once a week, Greek evening with orchestra and folklore show
- Piano night - once a week
- Jazz or alternative music once per week
- Greek evening with traditional folklore show once a week
- External professional entertainment groups
- Mini club (4-12 years old)
- Teenager club (13-17 years old) available during the whole Summer season.
- Babysitter on request at a charge
- Children's play ground
- Paddling pool
Double bedded rooms sleep 2/3 with air conditioning, private bathrooms with bathtub or shower, hairdryer, satellite TV, direct-dial telephone, wake-up calls (automatic), safety deposit box free of charge in all rooms, radio with balcony or terrace and inland view. Single rooms with garden view, double bedded rooms sleep 2/3 with sea view, superior bungalows sleep 2/3 with garden view - completely renovated for 2017 offering a bathroom with shower, exclusive bungalows sleep 2/3 with garden view, deluxe suites sleep 2/4 with inland view or sea view, premium double rooms sleep 2/3 & maisonettes sleep 2/4 with side sea view or pool view are also available at a supplement.
Superior Bungalow Garden view or Deluxe suite with Sea view are not available on Summer 19
Official Rating:4 Star
Our Opinion:An ideal hotel for families that is close to local attractions.
Olympic All Inclusive:
Meals: Buffet style breakfast, lunch and dinner at the main restaurant. Early breakfast (05:00-07:00 on request), American buffet (07:00-10:00), late continental style breakfast (10:00-11:00), buffet style lunch (12:30-14:00) and buffet dinner (19:00-21:30). Late snacks from 21:30-23:00. For 2016 the Hotel is offering new culinary experiences, offering a typical Greek Dinner at the local Petousis Taverna once per stay, Ethnic Street food at the 'Taka-Taka' Street food Restaurant and BBQ Gazebos. 6 Themed buffets are available during a 2 week stay (Greek, Asian, Mediterranean, Italian, Fish Buffet, Gala Dinner). Lunch baskets are available for excursions upon request; orders should be made one day before 20:00hrs Drinks: Drinks during meals in the main restaurant: water, soft drinks, juices, draught beer and local wine. Afternoon tea & coffee time from 16:00-17:30 with filter coffee, tea, cakes, cookies, biscuits and pastries. Children: Paddling pool, mini club for children ages 4-12, teenagers club for ages 12-17, children's breakfast (07:00-10:00), children's lunch (12:30-14:00), children's dinner (19:00-21:00) and ice cream from 11:00-17:30. Please note Entertainment & Activities: The animation team organises various activities and programmes during the day and night, such as games, competitions, musicals and cabaret shows, cultural activities include Greek cuisine & healthy diet cooking courses, Atelier courses, environmental activities, eco & garden tour. Sports activities include tennis, fitness room, water aerobics, water polo, table tennis, beach volleyball, darts and boccia.
Please note water sports activities incur charges.
Official Rating: 4 Star